Sunday, April 24, 2011

THE BLOG IS BACK!


The Driver Seat
By Hub Pacheco

About five years ago, my good friend Jeff & I started this blog after the WWE RAW team held two shows here in Manila. This blog was supposed to gather and collect our thoughts and opinions on WWE happenings. We are HUGE fans of the WWE and other pro wrestling federations and this blog was the outlet for all of our mark out moments, character sentiments and booking frustrations. All in good fun, of course.

School work started to pile in a year later and although SmackDown! held two shows on July 2007 in Manila, we just couldn't find the time to get back to writing here. So we just stopped. I loved discussing anything and everything about wrestling, but I wasn't motivated to do so any more then.

July 2009 - Smackdown/ECW held a one-night only show in Manila. At the first RAW of 2010, Bret Hart appeared on RAW. HBK retired that same year in a WrestleMania match with The Undertaker. February 2011 - The Rock came back and announced on RAW that he would be the special guest host of this year's WrestleMania. To quote good ol' JR Jim Ross, business picked up!

I also started writing a webcomic called Work in Progress (WIP) last year and that kinda reenergized me to write some more. And what better way to get my writing chops back in order than by writing something I'm passionate about other than basketball, comics and photography?

Long story short, that is the reason why I just shined this blog up real nice, turned it sideways and will be sticking this up on all your candy@$$ screens!

Now can you dig that, sucka!

No comments: